Blogger

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 1 September 2014

5 CLUTCH BAG ESSENTIALS


My best friend and I hit Manchester’s Northern Quarter on Saturday night and while I was at the bar, holding my ground like any self-respecting cocktail seeker, I started rummaging around in my lovely Marc Jacobs clutch.  Cue blogging light bulb moment:  Top 5 clutch bag essentials for a night out (apart from the obvious vitals like phone, money, ID etc. of course).  


1)  A pack of tissues.  A mini pack of Kleenex can save a night, be they a necessary replacement for the inevitable toilet roll deficit or coming to the make-up rescue of an emotional friend.  


2)  A compact mirror.  Why is there always a queue in the ladies bathrooms?  Surely not just because every girl spends an inordinate amount of time spending a penny (I personally blame the impractical architecture of ‘the playsuit,’) but because us ladies cannot resist the lure of a mirror to fix flyaways and eyeliner smudges.  If every girl had a mirror, the system would be much more efficient.


3)  Cheap make-up essentials.  When combined with the clumsy effects of alcohol, the open nature of most clutch bag designs render it entirely likely that certain contents will vanish throughout the night.  The number of Lancome eyeliners and Mac blushers I have lost on such occasions makes me want to weep.  I therefore only take cheapy, years-old powders and pencils out with me.


4)  Perfume testers.  A mini bottle of perfume is all you need to help give you a boost half way through the evening and takes up far less bag space than its expensive 100ml counterpart.


5)  Translucent powder.  An inexpensive face powder is a great way to remove that pesky sheen which accompanies certain vigorous moves.  Feel free to let loose on the dance floor without worrying about looking like a sweaty mess afterwards with a quick blot here and there.

A final tip when packing for a night out is less is more.  Just because some marvellously designed clutch bags offer suitcase-loads of space does not mean we immediately have to fill every square inch.  Save yourself from needless tipsy rummaging time by keeping items to a minimum.

3 comments:

  1. Completely agree with the Cheap Make Up essentials point! I have known to cry after losing an Urban Decay lipstick! Great points x
    Sunaina ❃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? It's is so tempting to just chuck all your fancy make up in your bag when the taxi is waiting outside but I always regret it when I'm a Mac lippy down the next day xxx

      Delete
  2. I definitely agree with powder :) Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete