Blogger

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday 29 October 2014

MAC PLUMFUL REVIEW


Part of me can completely relate to the addictive euphoria inherent in using a brand new Chanel mascara or Lancome eye-liner for the first time and feeling the need to rush to my laptop to review it.  However, I am a huge advocate of ‘empty reviews.’  

I read my first empty review on Jessicachri, by Jessica Rivers, and thought it was a genius concept.  It is easy to be dazzled by a new beauty product the first few times you use it, but in order to give a true test of everyday value the empty review is surely the answer?  As I am rapidly coming to the end of my most treasured cosmetic, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to dip a proverbial toe into the world of beauty blogging and what better way to start than with the darling of my make up collection: Mac’s Plumful lipstick.

Now that Autumn colours are once again taking over my wardrobe, I spend most of my days in rich, berry hues.  With all these deep tones going on, it would be so easy just to stick to a nude lip colour and let the outfit do the talking, but the thing I love about Plumful is its versatility.  A dab on the lips at the beginning of the day subtly glams up my work attire for hours and then the full application shebang (prime, lip line, apply, blot, apply… you know the drill) goes with every evening outfit I can throw at it.  Whether it be an LBD or skirt and top combo, this lipstick is the perfect finish to my Autumn outfits.   Some dark lip colours can make me look washed out, but not Plumful.  It is very forgiving when I have not managed to find the time to top up my tan, as it somehow turns my complexion from ‘pasty’ to ‘alabaster,’ (don’t ask me how, it just does.)  

So do yourself a favour this Autumn/Winter and add this cosmetic gem to your collection, you won’t regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment